Liquid Gold Overglaze 2gms (Colorobbia - Italy)
Limited 2gm Stock available
Availability: Out of stock
How to Use:
- Be sure that the surface of your piece is free of dust, skin oils and lotions to ensure proper adhesion. Wipe surfaces with rubbing alcohol prior to applying the overglaze (except when used over crackle glazes).
- Always apply with a brush that is designated solely for use with the Gold to prevent contamination.
- Do not stir or shake glaze.
- Place a small amount of overglaze on a glazed palette. Apply one smooth coat. Do not let the Gold pool in an area; brush it out smoothly.
- Clean brush in Thinners and let dry.
Do not touch wet decoration and handle as little as possible until ware is fired to avoid smudging.
- Before firing, allow items to sit in a dust-free, warm room for several hours to dry.
Glass: 500°-600°C (Orton cone 022-021)
Earthenware: 690°-700°C (Orton cone 018)
Porcelain: 750°-815°C (Orton cone 017-015)
1. The appearance of Gold will vary with the type of glaze over which it is applied. When applied over a gloss glaze, Gold will be shiny. When applied over a matte glaze, Gold will be dull.
2. If Gold is accidentally applied on the wrong area, dip a cotton swab in Essence and wipe off misplaced color.
3. If any areas are missed, go back and touch up before Gold dries.
4. If using a metallic overglaze and Mother of Pearl on the same piece, apply and fire the metallic overglaze first.
5. For solid coverage with Gold, apply over a grey glaze or a grey underglaze covered by clear glaze.
Liquid gold and metallic lustres have a colloidal form and have a dark brown colour; they contain dissolved metals as a main component.